Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A time to pray

I was riding my bike and reflecting on the Ecclesiates 3 reading from Project Ezra last weekend.  Consider the words of Ecclesiastes 3:1-8:
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
 2a time to be born, and a time to die;a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; 3a time to kill, and a time to heal;a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4a time to weep, and a time to laugh;a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 5a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 6a time to seek, and a time to lose;a time to keep, and a time to cast away; 7a time to tear, and a time to sew;a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 8a time to love, and a time to hate;a time for war, and a time for peace.
As I rode, I was praying to God. Passing by so many houses in the City of Carrollton, I realize there are many doors yet to knock on. Well, actually, most of the houses remain. I've been to a little over 300 out of 40,000 (or so) houses. From this, there is obviously a time to knock on doors and a time to refrain from knocking. Why refrain? To pray for the soil!

So, not only can I get some much needed exercise, but I can use the time to pray for the city. Would you join me in praying for the City of Carrollton? Here are some of the things that I have been praying for:
  • That God would make the soil fertile so that when we knock on doors the seeds will take root
  • That God would raise up workers to go into the field with me to share the Gospel door to door. If you live in or near Carrollton and would like to go door to door to reach the city, please contact me.
  • That there is sufficient time available to share the Gospel door to door
  • For wisdom on other ideas on bringing the Gospel to the city. Specifically, I need guidance on plans to do "revivals" at apartment complexes as a way to bring the Gospel there.
  • I am still praying for a good location in Carrollton to do Project Ezra. Currently, I do Project Ezra each week at a park in Plano, which is the next town from Carrollton.The park itself actually borders with Carrollton. But, if possible, I'd like to find a public place in Carrollton where there are people to hear the Words of Project Ezra and the associated open air preaching.
  • Pray for Godly leaders - major, city council, police, fire department
Perhaps you can pray these things for your city too. Post a comment below with other prayer requests for Carrollton or your city.

BTW, the city is extending the greenbelt bike path. It comes almost to my house now. What a great ride. I don't know who at city hall is responsible for extending this bike path, but you have my thanks and appreciation!

So that you can pray over Carrollton, please see the map below:


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment